Hey, Welcome to my Reliv International Review!
Were you looking into some health and wellness products for yourself or someone close to you and ended up on Reliv’s website?
And then through some more in depth research you found out about their money making opportunity? Is Reliv International a scam?
Firstly, I am really proud of you for taking your valuable time to do your own research before purchasing any course, product or services.
Secondly, that’s how you find the best proven method to avoid scams and make money online instead!
Is this MLM company legit, can you really make money with it or is it another scam?
Read this unbiased review til the end and you will find out about the answer. And for your patience, I will give you a little secret of mine, a money making secret.
So without further ado let’s get into it.
Name: Reliv International
Owners: Robert & Sandy Montgomery
Price: $100 – $1000
SAP Ratings: 30/100
Best Suited For: No one.
Summary: Reliv International is a very common health & wellness MLM company, probably the kind of company you will think of right away when someone mentions network marketing. They sell a wide variety of health products, mostly nutritional supplements like whey and soy.
Recommended: For business, definitely no.
What Is Reliv International?
When someone says you’re a champion all the way to the core, they mean you are meant to be a champion.
That’s what I can I say about Reliv International, a MLM company all the way to the core.
This network marketing company has been around for years, trying to improve on the overall health and wellness of people.
Get healthier and live happier is their motto.
It is not common to see a true bred MLM company to strive for that long, a multi-level-marketing company usually hit its peak around 2-4 years.
Definitely not 10+ year, that’s for sure.
Even though the products they are selling seems legit, it is average and mediocre at best.
I even heard people talking about a Reliv warning sign.
The owners, Robert and Sandy, husband and wife, grew tired of doing their 9-5 job. They want their dream to come true, they want their vision to come true.
That dream and vision is to be their own boss one day.
And so they did, by starting their own network marketing company. With the help of a friend Dr. Ted Kalogris they found out about a specific formula.
They really liked it and thus they started their company revolving around this specific formula, product, called Reliv Classic.
But they didn’t just liked it for no reason, they tried it out and they saw amazing results on their health and that’s when they finally decided to help people with it.
To improve the health and wellness of everyone, because according to them, a healthy life equals a happy life.
What Is Reliv International’s Products?
In this section I am going to show you some of Reliv’s best products and perhaps give you a small explanation about them, but I got to make this clear first, I am not a health expert.
So don’t take the things I say about health all too serious.
Most of it are my honest opinion and based off on the reviews and feedback from real time customers, take it with a grain of salt.
Decide for yourself if it’s something you think would sell o
Reliv Core Nutrition
- Reliv Now With Whey (Retail:$58 – Affiliate Price:$34.80)
Protein powder formulated with the most balanced and advanced ingredients, 7 grams of whey based protein in a serving.
- Reliv Now With Soy (Retail:$58 – Affiliate Price:$34.80)
This is their most complete supplement consisting of lunarich, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and protein.
- Reliv Now For Kids (Retail:$35 – Affiliate Price:$21)
Specially formulated for kids ages 2-12, packed with essential nutrients in 2 delicious flavors. Supports mental performance and boost energy level.
- Reliv Classic (Retail:$58 – Affiliate Price:$34.80)
Is this the first product from Reliv International, this is a complete and balanced supplement packed with the best nutrients to help your body excel.
Reliv Targeted Solutions
- FibRestore (Retail:$53 – Affiliate Price:$31.80)
A perfect blend of fibers, both soluble and insoluble mixed with 21 different herbs and vitamins.
- Innergize (Retail:$28 – Affiliate Price:$16.80)
This increases your energy level, oxygen absorption and stronger immune system.
RLV Hemp Extracts
- RVL Hemp Isolate 500 (Retail:$80 – Affiliate Price:$48)
A phyto-cannabinoids that contains 500mg worth of purely isolated CBD oil mixed with MTC oil, extracted from organic hemp with a mint flavor.
- RVL Hemp Isolate 750 (Retail:$100 – Affiliate Price:$60)
A phyto-cannabinoids that contains 750mg worth of purely isolated CBD oil mixed with MTC oil, extracted from organic hemp with a mint flavor.
- RVL Hemp Full Spectrum (Retail:$80 – Affiliate Price:$48)
A phyto-cannabinoids that contains 500mg of CBD, CBC, CBG, CBG-A, CBC-A, and CBN with a sweet minty flavor.
- RVL Hemp Balm (Retail:$130 – Affiliate Price:$78)
This Balm contains 100mg of Hemp to help relieve your muscles, joint discomfort and skin irritation. Mixed with essential oils
As you can see, the retail price and affiliate price is different. Judging by the reviews and feedback the products are OK, they may not work for everyone though.
There are enough Reliv testimonials on their website for you to see.
Those with a Reliv International careers can find everything they need on the website.
They also have a special weight loss program for you to follow:
Is Reliv International a Scam or a Pyramid Scheme?
First thing you need to know about MLM’s is that they are frequently accused of being a pyramid scheme, so it is completely normal to think of it as one.
And the reason for that is, let me tell you why, but first, check out this picture below.
If you are familiar with pyramid schemes then this will probably turn on that light bulb in your mind. Multi level marketing companies are extremely similar.
Similar in the way they make their money, and as you can see from the picture, it is safe to assume that 99% of people who joins a MLM company lose their money.
In a pyramid scheme there is only one way to make money, and that is by recruiting people and place them under you. So the more you recruit, the more you will earn.
But this is why network marketing companies are different, there is more than one way to make money with a MLM company. You can either sell or recruit.
Some people will still call this a pyramid scheme, because they don’t see the difference.
But nonetheless, it is extremely hard to make a lot of money or any money at all with a MLM company, and that’s why I am so against it.
To me it feels like throwing money in a bottomless pit, you will never get that money back, and mind you, I am saying this based off on experience.
So no, it is not a scam nor a pyramid scheme, but it is definitely not worth joining.
If you are looking to make money online, try a different online business model, and my recommendation is affiliate marketing.
How Can You Make Money With Reliv International?
Like all MLM companies you are required to pay a joining fee, and that will cost you around $100.
Once you are in, you are not allowed to purchase any of their products yet, the next step is to buy one of their product packages.
Those can cost you anywhere from $100 – $1500.
Yes, I know, that’s a lot of money. But the good thing is, it is still a lot cheaper than a brick and mortar business. Those could cost you anywhere from $100.000 – $150.000.
Here’s another tip for you if you still plan on joining this MLM company, always go for the cheapest package first, make sure you are selling.
There’s no point in purchasing their most expensive package and get stuck with their product because you can’t sell them.
I used to have products from a MLM company stacked on the shelves in my room. I was forced to look at them before I go to bed, don’t be like me.
If you are still wondering if it is possible to make money with this MLM or any other MLM company, the answer is yes
But that is not the question you should be asking, here’s what you should be asking:
- How Easy Is It To Make Money With a MLM company?
- How Much Can I Make With a MLM company?
1. Your success is rate is close to 1%, that’s how easy it is. 99% of people joining a network marketing company end up losing all their money, they literally go broke within a month.
2. Even if you do make money, it is most likely close to nothing. The amount is so insignificant that it would be a waste of time counting it.
What Is Reliv International’s Compensation Plan?
There’s something you should know about the compensation plans of MLM companies, they’re not there for you to fully understand them.
I will try to break down the important parts for you, because even I don’t fully grasp their plan.
But I will help show you what I know, so don’t break your head over this.
If you want to do business with them, there are 5 ways you can make money as a distributor:
1. Retail Sales: Make money based on the difference in retail price.
2. Recruitment: You can make money on the person you recruited by receiving commissions whenever they sell something.
3. Overrides: Become a helpful leader, and you can earn more money. Help people within your group.
4. Cash Bonus & Trips: The higher your rank is within in the system the more eligible you are for their bonuses.
5. Ambassador Program: Reach this level within the system to receive amazing rewards and bonuses.
To make everything even clearer, here’s the PDF file or you can watch a short video explaining the compensation plan:
So basically there are two main ways to make real money with any MLM companies.
– Retail Commissions: Buy the products for affiliate price, and make commissions when you sell them through the retail price.
– Residual Commissions: Recruit as many people as you can, the more recruit you have, the more commission you will get.
1. Mediocre Product: From all the product reviews I read on Reliv’s product, most are satisfied customers besides a few that says their product are hazardous for your health. They did however receive pretty good ratings on BBB and trustpilot.
2. 3 Decades: A MLM company that’s been in business for as long as 30 years, that’s something to be proud of. It is rare to see a MLM company staying around for that long, because most of them peak at 2-4 years and disappear without a trace.
3. Sky High Commissions: Reliv sells their products to their affiliates at a very reasonable price, 20 – 40% cheaper than the retail price.
1. Saturated Niche: The market for health and wellness is insanely saturated, it is so easy for people to jump over to another brand or company. Unless, you are a big brand that can stand its ground.
2. Lawsuits: This is not uncommon for MLM’s, however, that is still a bad sign. They had a lawsuit filed against them in 2013, saying their products had more lead than the legal limit allows.
3. Expensive Products: If you didn’t check their prices out yet, you should. They are overpriced, and people are smart, they will find cheaper alternatives, especially on this market.
4. Absurd Success Rate: If I have to analytic with you, here it is. Reliv’s distributors make around $100 in a year, 88% of them. Would you waste your time with this?
My Final Verdict
I have nothing against Reliv as a company, I even respect them for the fact that they have been around for 30 years. What I am against is, network marketing.
I am so against network marketing because I know people are going to lose their money, I have been there.
That’s why I am trying my best to talk you out of it, and I hope I did.
If you are really interested in making money online, try affiliate marketing. Wealthy Affiliate is the community you need, they have everything you need to make legitimate money online.
And the best part is, it will cost you absolutely $0 to join and try. They are FREE!
If you liked this review leave a comment down below and if you think I missed something important don’t hesitate to say it, I am more than happy to hear from you.
Stay Cool & Humble.